WHO I AM
Hi there! I'm Shen Yien, a Malaysian fullstack developer with a knack for logical problem solving. My journey began with tackling complex problems on The Euler Project using Python back in 2018, and I've been hooked ever since.
Since then, I've had the opportunity to work with a software house, a technology agency, and a SaaS start-up. Today, I'm dedicated to developing exceptional web applications that tackle user pain points and contribute to making the world a better place to live in.
In addition to my work, I also write blogs where I share my journey as a fullstack developer and the lessons I learned along the journey.
WHERE I WORKED
Part-time Web Developer @ Mindworks Interactive
August 2022 - March 2023
- Developed a growing food-order web application's payment gateway using Stripe, facilitating over 70% of the startup's sales and generating more than RM 40k in just six months.
- Contributed to the successful migration of Loop Foods' platform to Next.js and trpc, managing thousands of files and overseeing all aspects of storefront, backend API services, API webhooks, deployment management, and database structure management.
- Collaborated effectively with cross-functional team members to drive Loop Foods' development, showcasing strong project management, problem-solving, and technical skills.
- Leveraged strong design skills and collaborated closely with designers to user-friendly, mobile-responsive and highly functional UIs for Loop Foods
Intern Web Developer @ Supplycart Technology
July 2022 - November 2022
- Developed a customizable Vendor Self Registration Form to aid business users collecting info from their procurement vendors.
- Reduced the loading time of the system by over 1 second.
- Overcame immediate customer-blocking bugs and deploying fixes within 30 minutes.
- Improved the deployment process to optimize developer's experience.
- Integrated QuickBooks & XERO API and webhook into the system which receives over thousand of usages each month.
Part-time Web Developer @ Quintagen Tech
August 2021 - June 2022
- Built an event web application for Starbucks’ Coffee at Home Event that receives more than 14k usages.
- Built and maintained E-Commerce Websites with thousands of transactions monthly.
- Involved in building an NFT-based website.
WHAT I BUILT
This is an e-commerce website built from scratch for a delivery service startup.
It is a very comprehensive application, consisting of modules related to delivery, food information, admin panel, payment and nutritions.
Due to the startup nature, I had to participate in basically every part of it, from backend, frontend to deployment. There were times when I as a part-timer had to take lead for the project itself. Thus, this was quite a great experience for me.
Nevertheless, as the startup ran out of budget, the operation is closed down.
By the way, tRPC as backend is a really interesting idea.
This is our project from Odyssey Hackfest. It is a one-stop community management mobile application with a focus on residents' personal safety.
It consists of Prototype Design, Business Proposal, and a Working Prototype. In the end, we managed to come out as champion of the hackathon🏆.
Vendor Registration Form
A digital solution in replacing traditional pen & paper forms for large companies in collecting & registering their vendors information.
This module features a fully customizable form like Google Form, but more! It prefills data collected into new entities while remaining fully fluid and dynamic.
Some Other Interesting ProjectsProject Archives
WHAT I USE